As you work to recover from your compromised health condition – whether an injury, illness, surgery or hospital stay – you’ll feel an incredible sense of warmth, compassion and support from a team that is 100% dedicated to your recovery. We’re unlike any other post-acute care provider in the Porterville area. Sequoia Transitional Care has evolved into an innovative rehabilitation center dedicated exclusively to short-term inpatient rehabilitation. Many of our rehab ‘graduates’ come back to visit the therapists and team members who had such a dramatic impact on their lives and recovery. We consistently receive outstanding comments on customer satisfaction surveys from those whose lives we touched. Our Focus…Your Recovery!
Our care philosophy is to work closely with each individual to help them determine their goals and develop a unique plan to achieve the highest functional level of independence possible. In therapy, your therapist will be focused exclusively on you achieving your optimal outcomes. We treat all individuals no matter their age. Our experienced therapy team is passionate about lifelong learning and have achieved a number of advanced certifications.
Areas of treatment focus may include:
- Increase strength and mobility in the body and lower extremities
- Increase motor control for a resident who has suffered a stroke
- Improve coordination, balance and the ability to walk following a fracture
- Improve overall strength conditioning, range of motion and endurance
- Pain management
- Teaching proper body mechanics to prevent injury
- Promoting safety awareness for the well being of the resident
Our professional occupational therapists use task-directed activities in the treatment of our residents whose functional abilities, daily activities and independence have been impaired by illness, injury or aging.
Occupational therapy assists our residents in adapting to their social and physical environment by mastering tasks essential for daily living. Our occupational therapists may work with residents who have debilitating arthritic conditions or those with difficulty bathing, dressing and other activities of daily living. They assist residents with impaired vision and/or hearing to function well in their environment.
Areas of treatment may include:
- Functional independence: eating, bathing, toileting, homemaking, cooking, etc.
- Maintenance of wellness: dressing and grooming
- Prevention of further disability: home assessments and modifications, adaptive equipment
- Increasing safety awareness
Our speech therapists provide a range of interventions to assess and help restore abilities in the areas of communication, swallowing and cognition. Treatment programs are designed to help residents affected by stroke, brain injury, dementia, and other neurological disorders. Our professionals also work with residents suffering from hearing impairment, respiratory illnesses, and complex medical conditions.
Areas of treatment focus may include:
- Improving speech and voice clarity
- Increasing comprehension and verbal expression
- Improving chewing and swallowing ability
- Maximizing cognitive language skills: memory, problem-solving, and abstract reasoning
- Resident and family/caregiver education and training for managing ongoing difficulties with communication, cognition, and swallowing
Our respiratory therapists evaluate and treat individuals who have trouble breathing or those with respiratory associated illnesses such as asthma, pneumonia, emphysema, bronchitis and sleep apnea.
Respiratory therapy services include:
- Nebulized Breathing Treatments
- Ventilatory Assistance
- Chest Physiotherapy
- Breathing Exercises
- Patient Education
- Assistance with CPR
- Airway Management